Why I practice Attachment Parenting .

Once my baby was born I realised that I don't just feel comfortable with modern popular ways to care for babies: leaving baby to cry themselves to sleep, constantly using all sorts of "baby holders" like prams, baby seats, bouncers, etc.; putting baby on a feeding schedule. So when I decided to follow my gut - I found out that there is a name to my parenting style - called Attachment Parenting. I practice co-sleeping, baby- caring, feeding on demand, etc. Of course I am not saying that  what other people do is wrong I just enjoy doing it my way. Here is why I think Attachment Parenting is beneficial:

What are the benefits of attachment parenting?
  • fosters a strong and trusting relationship with your child.
  • increases your joy in the experience of parenting
  • helps your child to become confident in themselves and able to form good relationships with others.
  • develops your child’s sensitivity towards themselves and others. Children learn empathy and caring from parents who show empathy and caring.
  • improves your child’s physical and intellectual development. Many aspects of attachment parenting such as breastfeeding; close physical contact and affection; and nurturing sleep practices have been shown to improve a child’s physical and intellectual development.
  • makes discipline easier. Children that have a strong relationship with their parents are more easily disciplined because they trust what their parents say and want to please them.
Here is more:http://www.attachmentparentingaustralia.com/index.htm

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did I miss? Share your thoughts below!

top navigation

Instagram