I enjoy sharing activities I make for my little baby girl. Here are some of my favourite activities from this year. This blog post is a part of a group of Montessori bloggers's Blog Hop.
My top 12 DIY Montessori activities for infant play
#1 Fine-motor activity with lentil beans
#2 Matching activity
#3 Grip practice activity with a puzzle piece.
#4 Inroducing "large and small"
#5 Goop activity (potato flour, food colouring and water)
#6 Rattle out of bracelets
#7 Sencory board made out of craft materials
#8 Rattle made out of glass bottle and marbles.
#10 Introducing different textures with balls.
#11 Sensory activity (touch, smell, taste, hear)
#12 Discovery jar with different kinds of nuts.
For more activities please visit www.montessorinaturessmile.com
Here are some wonderful Montessori activities for baby
Child has to drop the little ball into the hole in the box. The ball will roll out of the box and into the attached tray thus allowing the child to experience object permanence by seeing that the ball did not just disappear.It practices precise hand movements while sending information to the brain as well as develops hand, wrist and finger control - also known as "refined hand movements".
With repeated use of this material, the child learns how it feels to succeed when he has achieved a goal on his own.
It's never too early to look and talk together! Perfect for babies from birth to age two! This accordion style foldout book is sturdy enough to stand by itself, and it is just the right size for little hands.
- All hardwood construction.
- Child safe finishes. Made in the USA.
- Measures 2 1/2" long.
- Sold in an attractive gift box.
- Meets all Federal safety standards for infants.
- All Natural Newborn Gift Set - Montessori Baby Rattle, Organic Teething Ring and Egg & Cup Puzzle
- Rattle allows baby to explore sound, observe how its made and discover how to make it.
- Teething Ring helps infants develop purposeful grasping skills & is made 100% Certified Organic, Dye-Free, Color Grown Cotton Yarn
- Egg & Cup Puzzle is easy for baby to hold and put together and gives the child an opportunity to use both hands together.
- Eco-Friendly and Handmade in Colorado, USA - Natural Maple Wood Finished with an Organic Beeswax & Olive Oil Polish
Sensory Development Ball Set
Wooden Stacking Tower